Saturday, September 22, 2007

What I hate about Toronto

Just recently watched a documentary called "Let's all hate Toronto" which was a little depressing and funny. Found out (according to this documentary) that most of Canada hates Toronto. I suppose it's not really much of a surprise. What did I learn ultimately? Well basically the whole country is jealous of Toronto (the same way most of Canada is jealous of the States). Typical Torontonian answer you say. I suppose. But at the end of the movie I learned that the whole of Canada hates Toronto and they are not exactly sure why. In fact not one person could answer the "why do you hate Toronto question?" But whatever, that's not what I'm talking about right now. The other weekend I was out downtown with the BF and it was late and we wanted to go home by cab. As in I wanted to pay someone (and probably tip them) to drive me home, at an inflated right I'm sure. Was with Os and they were willing to take him home, but about 10 cabs turned me and the BF down. WHAT THE F*CK????? It's not like they're refusing to take us b/c we were ridiculously drunk and throwing up everywhere and covered in poo and possessed by the devil. They just didn't want to travel so far north. I understand it's late, I understand it's far. But really what the hell are they working for. I can understand perhaps one cab not taking us, maybe two but about 10 said no it's too far. It's so stupid, I was so annoyed. Is this a new trend in Toronto?
Next let's talk about the TCC.... actually let's not b/c then I will throw my computer on the ground and it's not the computer's fault now is it. Damn TTC.
I love Toronto. I do. What I hate about Toronto is that this city has so much potential to be a leading city of this country and of this world but we squander away any potential with stupid ideas and archaic infrastructure. Streetcars? Traffic? Stupid cabs? This is why I hate Toronto. Things that can change.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cabs surent like the cabs here...where they would drool over a long cab ride...more sheks in their kids mouth.hehe

Tragediarista said...

God, I hate the TTC. So happy to live downtown where I only have to take it like a tourist.

Tragediarista said...

You know, they really do only complain because they're jealous. Really. Do you see many Torontonians moving to Medicine Hat or Trois-Rivieres? Really, do you? No, because everyone in Canada wants to come to Toronto!

Maybe it's the arrogance that makes us so hated, but it's lonely at the top.