Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fireflies

Yes this is a post entirely about Eran. I met Eran through Dafna and while he has made aliyah to Canada he happened to be in Israel when I was here. He left on Friday but I feel that I should express my gratitude to him all the same. And well I'm not particularly good at that in person (and the jury is still out if I'm any good at it on my blog) I'm going to try to on the internet. Eran showed me Israel. He made me a pet project of sorts and really took me all over. From the Barry Sacharof and Moshe Ben Ari (ok and Ninette, but I don't like her) concert when I first got here- yes now I'm a Barry Sacharof fan, Moshe Ben Ari is still an ape... a scary ape (but actually his music is pretty good... but scary looking man) to the last day he spent here where he took me hiking in Nachal Amod, hiking at Mt Arbel, to the Kineret, to visit his great Aunt Rosie (she's so sweet if not somewhat freaked out by my presence...oops) to Zichron Yacov, I had an absolutely wonderful time and I can't thank Eran enough for taking me under his wing and showing me so much more of Israel. Thank you Eran I had a great time! I have some great memories that will definately stand out in the years to come and I only hope I can do the same for him in Toronto.

2 comments:

Tragediarista said...

Friend! I miss you. I´m in Geeehhhhmany and feel the urge to sing Danke shöen..... Hahaha. I miss you and I can´t wait to see you, also to use a NORMAL keyboard. Have fun!

Bec said...

STAY SAFE friend! Enjoy and try some german beer out of those cool cups they have there with the lids... what are they called again??