Sunday, July 29, 2007

My brain is melting

First things first- my boss called. I wouldn't say things are settled but I'm certainly not as mad as before. Still employed by Hillel and happy again.
Secondly it's bloody hot in this country. I've taken to staying in most of the day and going out after 6PM b/c it's so damn hot.
Seeing as this is my last week and a half I'm hoping to fit in as much as possible before I have to come home. And yes I'm actually a little homesick, but find that I don't actually want to leave Israel that much. So strange.
One thing I've come to realize is that I'm not making Aliyah anytime in the near future. I love this country so much, but life in Canada is way too easy for me. Sure the blistering cold winter nights will have me singing a different tune I'm sure, but things just work better in Canada. And I know that this is in large part to the fact that I'm Canadian and I get it there. Here the language is a barrier, not that people don't speak English b/c most people do. At least a bit and I can get by on my Hebrew. And being put in the position where I'd have no other choice I know I could speak this language fluently. But how long would that take? And what would I be willing to give up for that? I mean I have a Masters. If I were to come to Israel, 10:1 I wouldn't be employed at a standard that would meet my education. That is hard to come to terms with.
That being said Aliyah is not out of the question. Until I do decide I'm ready for that leap, I will continue with the job I love (read: I love what I actually do, the environment can get a little frustrating), continue to support and fight for Israel in the Galut and by this I will make peace with being Jewish but not living in the Jewish homeland.

But I respect beyond belief Olim like Nikki and Goggi! You guys rock!
MATT DAMON!!!!
(don't really respect him, it's just funny... and my brain is melting... but actually!)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

MATT DAMON!

Unknown said...

matttt damonnnnnnnnnnnn
lol

Tragediarista said...

Matt Damon?