Friday, November 30, 2007

December 1 2007

Tomorrow morning is my birthday. The BF is in town- took him 8 hours to get here from Ottawa- got love the traffic that is the 401.
I thought I would write a post that would explain how I feel about getting another year older, about where I'm at in my life etc but I just draw a blank. A complete blank. These last two weeks have been so rough with anti-Israel crap on campus- I mean really tough, worse then last year in many ways and when listening to Norman Finkelshit speak last night I found myself absolutely drained. Absolutely. It scares me that there were about 250 people in that audience that applauded wholeheartedly when Finkelshit said he was jubilant when the "disciplined" Hizbollah defeated the Israelis. Do we actually behave like that in this society? Never, EVER, would I applaud and cheer for the IDF for killing people, for starting a war. Yes I would support them given the circumstances, but to cheer as if you are at a sporting event. It made my stomach turn. I will not even get into the bullying tactics the anti-Israel camp used at the farcical Ryerson Academic Freedom Academic Boycott Forum this past week. Truly it makes me lose my appetite- I guess I don't need to continue paying for dance class though if I decide I need to shed a few pounds. Sigh.
It's hard. Really hard right now.

But tomorrow is my birthday and to focus on something a little more fun let's see who I share a birthday with:

Bette Midler
Richard Pryor
Woody Allen
Candace Bushnell
Jinpachi Nizu (yeah I don't know who this is either, some Japanese actor who seems to be a big nobody but shows up on every birthday list, so perhaps he... or she... is a big somebody somewhere)


1 comment:

Tragediarista said...

Don't forget World AIDS Day. You can't ever forget World AIDS Day.

As it is.... Keep paying for dance class, because at least we have FUN!!!